Book an Appointment with Prof. Timothy Byakika Kagoda
Why visit this doctor?
Why Visit This Doctor?
- Prof. Byakika is a highly qualified doctor with over 35 years of experience.
- He obtained his Master’s degree in Orthopaedics (MCh.Orth) from the University of Dundee, United Kingdom.
- He offers easy in-person appointments and online video teleconsultations.
Prof. Byakika is a passionate Senior Orthopedic Consultant with over 35 years of experience. He pioneered arthroscopic surgery (knee, hip and shoulder joint surgery) and many other innovative orthopedic surgery techniques in Kenya and the East African region.
He is also a senior lecturer at JKUAT University and enjoys offering continuous medical education (CME) talks to his fellow peers in the field of Orthopedics. He has made many presentations and conferences in these areas of interest to his colleagues.
Prof. Byakika’s main areas of interest in orthopedic surgery are Arthroscopy (Surgery) of the knee and shoulder, Traumatology (management of fractures in particular), Surgical reconstruction of the knee, hip, and shoulder.
Educational and Training
- M.B. Ch.B. Makerere University Kampala.
- M. Med (Surgery) The University of Nairobi.
- Master’s degree in Orthopaedics (MCh.Orth) at the University of Dundee, United Kingdom.
- Fellowship at the College of surgeons East Central & Southern Africa (FCS, ECSA).
Conditions and Procedures
All insurances are accepted (except Resolution and NHIF).
Medical Certification Number
Medical Board Certifications
Kenya Medical Practitioners Pharmacies and Dentist Union.
- Kenya Orthopaedic Association – Founder member & former secretary and treasurer.
- Uganda Orthopaedic Association – Active member
- International Society of Arthroscopy Knee Surgery & Orthopaedic Sports Medicine (ISAKOS)
- Arthroscopy Association of North America (AANA)
English, Kiswahili and Luganda.
Location of Practice
Upper Hill Orthopaedic Clinic, Nairobi, Kenya.
Please refer to the map below.
Upper Hill Orthopaedic Clinic
Upperhill Medical Centre (UHMC), 5th Floor, Office 5G
Argwings Kodhek Rd., Upperhill
P.O.Box 76376-00508 Nairobi
New Opening Hours:
Monday: 9am – 4pm
Wednesday: 9am – 4pm
Friday: 9am – 4pm
(We may reopen fully in due course)